Mileage reimbursement is when an employer offers employees reimbursement if they use their driving methods on behalf of the business. If you’re a businessperson, independent contractor, freelancer, rideshare driver, and/or a sole proprietor, it is mandatory for you to have appropriate and helpful information when we talk about mileage calculations. Please find the section you need in the sidebar to the right.
Every year, people within these categories track, report, and submit tax returns. For this, one must understand the various changes that are coming year to year. Along with this, it is important for you to ask the right questions to your accounting professional or CPA when tax time is rolling around. Making use of IRS-compliant mileage reimbursement logs by the organizations is also very important, especially for those job responsibilities which require a vehicle.
Keep Calm – We’re Here To Help.
At Triplog, we have designed an information hub that will help answer some pressing questions in regard to mileage reimbursements:
- What are the differences between mileage rate reimbursements and income?
- Should the reimbursements be provided to the employees? If yes, how should they be done?
- How should I track and calculate my mileage?
- Should a mileage tracker app be used?
- How do I know about the current mileage reimbursement rates?
- How do I determine the current mileage reimbursement rates?
- Are the federal mileage reimbursement rates the same for any given activity?
- What are the specific requirements for tracking, reporting, and calculating mileage rates?
- What is the need for a mileage log in the first place?
Tracking mileage for your business, and making sure to follow the proper IRS regulations, can save you money come tax season. It can also help substantiate the use of company vehicles by employees to avoid tax deductions, and can allow you to take care of reimbursements as businesses expenses.
We have tailor-made this resource for businesspeople, employers, employees, and those who are self-employed. We believe it will be very useful to help you find all the information for your mileage logs, reimbursements, and expense-tracking needs. If you have any further questions related to mileage rate reimbursements, please don’t hesitate to contact us!