collectively all information that you submit to Bizlog, LLC via the Website or TripLog App. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies)
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive), California Online Privacy Protection Act, or the GDPR, or and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Bizlog, LLC, or us
Bizlog, LLC, a Washington limited liability company, whose registered office is at 22525 SE 64th Place, Suite 2268, Issaquah, WA 98027;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Bizlog, LLC and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Bizlog, LLC and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.;
the website that you are currently using, https://triplogmileage.com, or the TripLog App and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Bizlog, LLC is the “data controller”. This means that Bizlog, LLC determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
c. phone number;
d. employee Id;
e. vehicle – year/make/model;
f. licence plate #;
g. vin number;
h. company name;
j. use of our Service requires payment. We collect and store the billing information (name, billing address, and email address). We do not receive or store credit card or banking information (number, expiration, security code, routing number, account number, etc).
Payment information is submitted directly to our payment processors;
k. if you use our Mobile App, you may enter information into the Mobile App that you think is Personally Identifiable Information. However, all information that we collect through our Mobile App, including, but not limited to what you enter in the Mobile App, your mobile device’s ID (IDFA and Android Advertising ID), IP address, operating system type and version, non-reversible hashed email address (meaning that your email address is not discernible and cannot be reconstituted), and geolocation data (latitude/longitude, horizontal accuracy, speed) is considered Non-Personal Information. You should take special care that any comments you chose to enter do not contain your Personally Identifiable Information or that of other people;
l. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
m. operating system (automatically collected);
Generally, you control the amount and type of information that you provide to BizLog when using our Website/Mobile App. As a Visitor, you can browse our Website to find out more about our Offerings. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
7. Bizlog, LLC will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
9.Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website/Mobile App. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website/Mobile App;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a check box that we’ll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
13. We may use your Data to show you Bizlog, LLC adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Bizlog, LLC adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
14. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – we primarily use your Personally Identifiable Information in order to provide you with our Service;
b. we may share non-personally identifiable information with our affiliates, third party partners and agents in order to improve our systems and products, and for other research and analytical purposes. We may also share data with third-party contractors and service providers who work on behalf of us. For clarity, your Personally Identifiable Information is NOT exposed as any part of this data.
c. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
d. we may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of BizLog, our Users, employees, and affiliates. The specifics of such releases of information are detailed in our Data Request Policy.
15. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
16. All data is stored in the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), which has achieved ISO 27001 certification. https://aws.amazon.com/security/ This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
17. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
20. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
21. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
22. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
23. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
24. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
25. We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
26. To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
29. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
30. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
32. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
33. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Bizlog, LLC to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
34. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
Purpose: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Purpose: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Purpose: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Purpose: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
35. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
36. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
37. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
38. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
39. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
42. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
43. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Washington State courts.
45. Revision History
Date of Change: June 2017
Responsible: BizLog Policy Team
Summary of Change: Updated Policy
Date of Change: September 2018
Responsible: BizLog Policy Team
Summary of Change: Update Policy to reflect GDPR
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
Description of Cookie: test cookie
Purpose: for testing
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
Description of Cookie: Analytic Cookie
We use the following functionality cookies:
Description of Cookie: Functional
Purpose: Functional cookie
We use the following targeting cookies:
Description of Cookie: Target cookie
Purpose: to target