How automatic daily backup works
The daily backup happens every day the first time you open TripLog. The backup covers the data up to yesterday.
IMPORTANT! Before you replace your iOS device, BACK UP the data through the TripLog app. iCloud backups are not sufficient. A proper backup will ensure your data can be restored correctly.
To back up and restore data, open TripLog app > Menu > Account > Data backup > Sync and Edit Data on Web > Choose the backup and restore options.
On your OLD device:
- Open TripLog app > Menu > AccountNote existing email address OR enter your email address if the field is blank. Then tap Back.
- Tap Menu > Account > Data backup > Cloud LocationChoose nearest cloud location to your home address
- Tap Back up to Cloud
On your NEW device:
- Open TripLog app > Menu > AccountEnter same email address from OLD device, Then tap Back.
- Tap Menu > Account > Data backup > Cloud LocationChoose same cloud location from OLD device
- Tap Menu > Account > Data backup > Restore from Cloud
Restore Lost Data
If you accidentally deleted the app or lost access to the device, the data is gone. However, your data is actively backed up by TripLog.
- If you’ve registered or backed up to the cloud, it’s the easiest way to recover.Follow new device steps under “Replacing iPhone/iPad” section above.If it says cannot find your data, try a different cloud location and/or email address that may have been used previously.
- If you’ve backed up and emailed the backup file to yourself, you can copy the TripLogBackup.zip file from computer to iOS device through iTunes .Open TripLog app > Menu > Account > Data backup > Restore from Device.
- If you haven’t completed any backup, unfortunately, your data is gone with the old device.
How to copy files between iPhone and computer
You need a USB cable to connect your phone to a PC, and follow the instructions herehttp://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094 .