Reset or replace phone
IMPORTANT! Before you reset or replace your Android device, BACK UP the data through the TripLog app. Android system or 3rd party app backups are not sufficient. Proper backing up will ensure your data can be restored correctly.
To back up and restore data, open the TripLog app > menu > Data > choose the backup and restore options.
Recover lost data
If you delete the app or reset the device, all data will be gone. The Android system removes the database when you remove the app. However, your data is actively backed up by TripLog. There are four options to recover data:
- If you’ve already registered or backed up to the cloud, it’s the easiest way to recover. Go to TripLog > menu > Data > Restore from Cloud. If it says that it cannot find your data, try different email address. Go to TripLog > menu > Account > and enter your email address there. Your backup on the cloud is different from the data synced to TripLog web. You don’t have to sign in to the web account to restore data from cloud storage.
- If you’ve backed up to your device or better yet emailed the backup file to yourself, you can copy the TripLogBackup.zip file to your device’s internal storage root directory. Then, go to TripLog > menu > Data > Restore from Device.
- If none of the above works, you can always contact us at email@example.com and we will help you get your data back.
How automatic daily backup works
You can set up automatic daily backup in TripLog > menu > Data > check Automatic Daily Backup.
The daily backup happens every day the first time that you open TripLog. If you have the Auto Start feature enabled, it happens at midnight every night. The backup covers the data up to yesterday.
Where to copy the backup file
Connect your device to your PC via a USB cable. In My Computer, under the “Internal Storage (or Phone)” of the device, find the folder “TripLog”, then find or create a “backup” folder, and copy the TripLogBackup.zip to that folder. Then go to TripLog > menu > Data > Restore from Device.
How to copy files from my phone to PC and email them
You need a USB cable to connect your phone to a PC. It should show the phone as a disk drive. You can navigate the folders just like any folder on your hard drive. Copy the files to your hard drive first and then send them via email.
I have an Amazon cloud and/or a Dropbox account, why do I have to pay for the Cloud Storage from your app?
This app uses a Amazon S3 Cloud Storage business account to store all user files. It is different from personal Amazon accounts. The benefits of Amazon S3 are:
- Anonymous file sharing without explicit user logins. Your receipt photos are uploaded to the Amazon cloud and the links are available in the HTML reports. They are available to anyone whom you send the reports to. However, the long, unique and unpredictable URLs prevent people from guessing the links of your photos, which makes them very secure.
- Amazon S3 data centers are all over the world. TripLog chooses five (5) locations in Oregon USA, Virginia USA, Ireland, Singapore, and Australia. They serve local users of each zone. To see and verify the location that you are using, please go to TripLog > menu > Settings > Cloud Storage Location.
- The Amazon Cloud storage purchase also covers the customer support for any kind of data backup and restore issues. Having a central place for all backup files allows us to have easy access to them and provide excellent support when you need it.