- Open TripLog menu > Settings > Auto Start Settings > Auto Start Option > choose Connect to Bluetooth & speed over threshold.
- Make sure the Bluetooth is turned on. Then go to Auto Start Settings menu > Set up Bluetooth Devices > check the Bluetooth devices that you would like to trigger auto start. The list of devices are the ones you’ve already paired before.
- Disconnect from the device if you haven’t yet. Then connect to it during the Auto Start activation timeframe (default Mon – Fri 3AM – 9PM)
- There should be a message on the notification bar that says “GPS enabled and bluetooth connected”, which means that GPS is activated. You can wait until the GPS icon becomes solid, meaning it has found the fix.
- Start driving. Once you reach 5 mph (the speed threshold is configurable) for a second or two, you will hear an alert and another message will appear on the notification bar “GPS mileage tracking started”.
- Optionally, you can monitor the mileage and speed on the TripLog widget (2×2 size preferred).
- When you reach the destination, stop the vehicle and disconnect from the Bluetooth device (usually just turn it off).
- The trip edit form will pop up. Fill in the rest of the data and save the trip. Or the trip will be auto saved after 10 seconds. You can still tap the notification message to modify it.
Your vehicle doesn’t have Bluetooth audio? No problem. Optionally, you can get a Bluetooth car kit that works in the same way. For example:
Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth
Hands-Free Car Kit